Phase one: Casting the Heavy Duty HBLB's for the Y-Axis.

HOME

The HBLB takes on a new profile for the IG-88. I added gussets between the two legs and the center bearing mount. This really increases the rigidity of the HBLB and I can't wait to see how these are going to perform.

 

Here you can see how I hot-glued the gussets into place and how the cast part turned out.

 

After sand blasting the part, I ran a fly cutter across the mounting surface to make it true. This will be the reference point for the hole drilling that I have to do to get the shaft perfectly parallel with the mount.

 

My cheapy fly cutters work awesome. $13.00 delivered from an Ebay auction. Pick up a set if you haven't already.